The Borneo Eco Film Festival (BEFF) needs outgoing and enthusiastic volunteers for both the festival weekend and our year-round programmes. Each year, BEFF brings together a dedicated team of volunteers to help celebrate the art of environmental cinema. Volunteers ensure the best festival experience possible for all of our guests as well as our partners and supporters. As a non-profit programme, we are grateful for the effort and considerable contributions made by our volunteers every year. We recognise the volunteers returning from years prior and welcome all the new faces for this year!
WHAT VOLUNTEER POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE?
Help our Marketing Team spread the word! Direct the crowd to the BEFF festival venue at the 5th & 6th floor Event Hall of Suria Sabah.
INFORMATION/ MERCHANDISE TEAM:
All about BEFF! Provide guests with accurate event information, hand out and collect survey forms and assist with merchandise sales.
Will be stationed inside the theatre to usher and assist guests with seating. Ushers will also be responsible for doing a head count during each screening.
BEAN BAG TEAM:
In charge of the distribution and collection of bean bags.
Help with the set-up of the festival venue from 18th September until festival weekend.
All volunteers must be 16 years or older and provide own transport.
- Be an ambassador for BEFF and represent the festival in the best possible way
- Dress appropriately and follow the volunteer dress code
- Arrive 15 minutes early and report to the team leader upon reaching the festival venue
- Take personal responsibility for knowing your role: knowing your responsibilities, knowing who your team leader is; ask questions if you don’t know what to do, etc.
- Take personal responsibility for your shift: show up on time, meeting the commitment you have made (not cancelling at the last minute or just not showing up), keep track of your nametag, etc.
- Give out accurate information and know where to find answers: this requires you to be knowledgeable about the festival programmes, venue locations, daily events, BEFF in general and details regarding your particular volunteering assignment.
Please note that BEFF or any of our partner organisations will not be responsible for any loss, injury or death arising from the participation of volunteers at any stage of the volunteering assignment across all festival programmes.