YOUNG LEADERS FOR SUSTAINABILITY (YL4S)
WE WANT YOU! The Borneo Eco Film Festival (BEFF) is looking for Sabahan youths to be a part of the Youth Leaders for Sustainability (YL4S) programme. This is a great opportunity to gain knowledge, develop skills and find inspiration to solve real-world environmental and social problems in Sabah – the fun and creative way!
the many eco issues faced by our planet and people today. Talks and interactive sessions with experts, scientists, entrepreneurs, elders and more. Watch films and be inspired by
ideas and innovations among your peers, with help from the experts and insiders.
an Action Agenda on everyday actions young Sabahans can take to bring positive change to their communities and the planet.
If you are…
– 18-30 years old
– Malaysian, residing in Greater Kota Kinabalu
– Enrolled in a higher learning institution (private or government)
– Innovative, creative and passionate about the planet
- Applicants will be selected based on merit
- Applications must be accompanied with a support letter from the respective institutions
- Successful applicants must commit to a once-a-month workshop. Proxies are not permitted. In the event the participant is unable to attend, he/she must inform the organisers in writing/via e-mail
- After three (3) consecutive no-shows, the participant will be dropped from the programme
- Upon completion in December 2017, participants will receive a Certificate of Participation. BEFF can provide recommendation letters upon request.
- All participants must sign an indemnity form
- During the first workshop, participants must submit a 400-word essay on a particular environmental/social issue you are interested in and would like to learn more about. Explain you interest and concern and how you would like to play a part in developing a more sustainable world.
- Please complete the Application Form (DOWNLOAD HERE)
- Please bring a copy of the applicant’s NRIC and Support Letter from the institution during the first workshop (date and venue to be announced).
- Deadline for submission is 18th May, 2017 (Thursday)
- Please e-mail all submissions and attachments to email@example.com
Successful applicants will be notified via e-mail or phone call. The workshop schedule will be sent to successful applicants.
More info: Melissa Leong, Programme Director, firstname.lastname@example.org