SUBMISSIONS IS CLOSED.
SEE YOU AT #BEFF2018
7 DAYS INSTAGRAM CHALLENGE IS HERE! Win your share today by following the steps and reading the terms and conditions of the Instagram contest. Winning entries may have their photos (with credits) exhibited during the Borneo Eco Film Festival (BEFF)!
The Instagram Contest was introduced in 2017. Our Young Leaders for Sustainability (YL4S) was tasked to organise and run the competition. Riding on the theme of nature, there were two main categories: #BlueBorneo and #GreenBorneo.
INSTAGRAM SUBMISSION RULES AND CONTEST GUIDELINES:
||From September 14 to September 20, 2017
||Instagram Contest features the following category:
Open: persons (all ages) resident in Borneo
A: #BlueBorneo and B: #GreenBorneo
||RM100 Cash + Medal
||RM100 Cash + Medal
- Post your photo on Instagram – hashtag #BEFF17_IGC followed by the theme #BlueBorneo or
- Only entries posted between 5am on 12.09.2017 and 5pm on 20.09.2017 will be considered.
- Entrants may post multiple entries.
- Photos (including illustrations or other visual depictions, and associated text) must be the original work of the entrant. Any unauthorised usage of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited.
- There will be 1 winner per theme and each winner will receive RM100 and a medal.
- The panel of judges will evaluate the photos based on originality, creativity and relevance to the theme. The decision of the judges is final.
- Prizes will be awarded at BEFF from 22-24th September 2017 at Suria Sabah. Winners are required to attend to receive their prize – the exact date and time will be informed to the respective winners.
- Winning entries and any other outstanding photos will be featured in an edition of Breeze Magazine and may have their photos (with credits) exhibited during BEFF 2017.
||Judging will be based on the following:
APPROPRIATENESS TO THEME – How close the image related to the given theme.
STYLE – Displays a sense of originality and uniqueness.
CREATIVITY – How well the contestant is able to convey their idea creatively.
IMPACT – The ability of the image to evoke emotion from the viewer.
TECHNIQUE – The approach taken to create the image such as lighting, composition and presentation.
COMPOSITION – How well the visual elements are able to harmoniously express the image.
WOW! FACTOR – Does the image have anything special that makes it stand out from the others?
INSPIRATION LEVEL – How well the caption is able to evoke a sense of hope.
STORYTELLING (CAPTION) – Is the caption able to deliver a message that fully expresses the theme?
RELATE TO IMAGE (CAPTION) – Is the caption able to fully describe the image submitted?
Only submissions that have fulfilled all of the BBFK Submissions Rules and Competition Guidelines will be eligible for shortlisting.
Easy. Snap a pic, post on your Instagram, hashtag #BEFF17_IGC followed by the theme #BlueBorneo or #GreenBorneo.
INSTAGRAM us at @beffsuara
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Open to all Malaysians residing in Borneo above the age of 16 years at 1st January 2017.
- Photos that have won prizes in any other contest or have been previously published in any form or part in any media will not be eligible.
- Photos must be taken in Borneo and relate to the chosen theme.
- Only winners will be contacted by the organisers.
- By submitting your photo, entrants authorise the Borneo Eco Film Festival (Melapi) to publish the photo and/or disseminate information related to the photo, without any fee or charge, in print and online media for the non-commercial purposes of promoting the activities of the Borneo Eco Film Festival.
2017 WINNING PHOTO(S):
Winning entries: (L) #GreenBorneo by Wong Nyap Haw and (R) #BlueBorneo by Muhammad Najemi bin Muhamad Hafizan