BOLEH BAH FILEM KITA!
BOLEH BAH FILEM KITA! (BBFK) is a platform for local filmmakers to show how creative they can be with a very local flavour! With BBFK, the Borneo Eco Film Festival hopes to spur local talent and encourage the filmmaking scene. Boleh Bah Filem Kita!
FREE SUBMISSION! ANIMATION SHORT FILM COMPETITION AT #BEFF2017
The Borneo Eco Film Festival (“BEFF”) is pleased to announce the 2017 BOLEH BAH FILEM KITA! – Animation Short Film Competition (“BBFK”).
Entrants are asked to carefully read the BBFK Submission Rules and Competition Guidelines before submitting their film(s).
BBFK SUBMISSION RULES AND COMPETITION GUIDELINES:
||From April 1 to August 25, 2017
||‘BOLEH BAH FILEM KITA!’ – Animation Short Film Competition features the following two categories:
A: Student: primary and secondary school students in Borneo, and
B: Open: persons (all ages) resident in Borneo
||RM2000 Cash + Microsoft Surface Pro 4
||RM1000 Cash + Wacom Intuos Art Pen & Touch Tablet
- Submission is FREE. There is no charge for submitting your film(s).
- Submissions are open to all persons residing in Borneo.
- Submitted films must be the entrant’s original work.
- Submitted films must not be available in full online prior to the announcement of the competition winners.
- Submissions based on team work are allowed.
- Multiple submissions are allowed.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- For the Student category proof of registration at a primary or secondary school in Borneo is required (e.g. student ID).
- For the Open category proof of the filmmaker’s residency in Borneo is required (e.g. residential address on a utility bill, etc.).
- Submitted films that serve as a platform for business advertising or the solicitation of clientele for any business interest will be rejected.
- The submission must be animated (all animation techniques are acceptable).
- The entry must be under 3 minutes in length, including end credits.
- Submitted films must be produced after January 1, 2016.
- Submitted films must relate to one or more of the following themes:
(A) Oceans, (B) Food, (C) Wildlife, and (D) Indigenous Communities
- Films should demonstrate how people relate to environmental and cultural issues relevant to Borneo.
- If the original language or dialogue in the film is not English, the preview and screening copy must be subtitled in English and/or Bahasa Malaysia.
||Judging will be based on the following:
- STORY– How well the message of the short film is delivered.
- TECHNICAL – How well executed is the animation.
- ART DIRECTION – Aesthetic value.
- CREATIVITY VALUE
- Only submissions that have fulfilled all of the BBFK Submissions Rules and Competition Guidelines will be eligible for shortlisting.
- Send us your link (and if necessary, the password) to email@example.com. In the email, please include your details: Name, Identification No, Contact number, film synopsis and any other relevant information about the film.
- If you absolutely must send us a DVD, please mail it to:
- Boleh Bah Filem Kita!
c/o Sabah Society
P.O. Box 10547
88806 Kota Kinabalu
- Submitted entries (DVD or other form) will not be returned
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By submitting your film, entrants hereby:
a. Agree to the BBFK Submission Regulations and Competition Guidelines.
b. Indemnify and holds harmless BEFF from any loss, damage or liability caused to any person living or deceased or property, including from any claim for breach of copyright or any other rights, arising from your submission or your film.
c. Agree to allow BEFF to screen your film without a screening fee or any other charges or compensation if selected.
d. Grant BEFF the right to use short clips or screenshots of your film for BEFF’s promotional purposes only.
e. Declare that the intent and materials presented in your film are not inconsistent with BEFF’s aims and programmatic approaches (see www.beff.org.my/what-we-do).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- A prize is awarded to the selected film, irrespective of how many persons are involved in the production of the film.
- The decision of the Judges is final.
- BEFF reserves the right to make changes to BBFK Submissions Rules and Competition Guidelines and the BEFF 2017 festival weekend without prior notice to or consent of the entrants.
- All enquiries kindly email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 25 August 2017
Winner of 2016 My Eco Snapchat Story Challenge – Muhd. Amirul Haziq from SM Lok Yuk Likas
AND, it’s free to submit. We prefer to receive films the eco-friendly way, online – through a private link on YouTube or Vimeo.
Send us your link (and if necessary, the password) to email@example.com. In the email, please include your details: name, contact number, and any relevant information about the film.
If you absolutely must send us a DVD, mail it to:
Boleh Bah Filem Kita!
c/o Sabah Society
P.O. Box 10547
88806 Kota Kinabalu
The organisers will contact you if your film is selected for the festival and request a screening copy of the film.
For updates on BBKF,
like our FB page!